No. 13 Auburn opens SEC play against No. 6 Texas A&M
AUBURN, Ala. – No. 13 Auburn (17-1) opens its Southeastern Conference schedule with a three-game series against No. 6 Texas A&M (16-2) at Plainsman Park this weekend. The series opener between the Tigers and Aggies is scheduled for Friday at 7 p.m. CT followed by game two Saturday at 2 p.m. and the series finale Sunday at 1 p.m.
All three games will be broadcast on SEC Network+, which can be found online at WatchESPN.com or on the WatchESPN app. Friday’s series opener will also be broadcast on national TV as a part of the SEC Network’s Bases Loaded package. The show features a live compilation of all seven conference games this weekend.
The entire series will also be broadcast on the Auburn Sports Network. You can listen on the radio on WTGZ-FM (93.9 or 95.9), online at AuburnTigers.com, or on a mobile device via the TuneIn app.
• Friday – Jr. RHP Casey Mize (4-0, 2.13) vs. Jr. RHP Stephen Kolek (3-1, 1.46)
• Saturday – So. RHP Davis Daniel (2-0, 5.06) vs. So. LHP John Doxakis (3-0, 0.81)
• Sunday – TBA vs. Jr. RHP Mitchell Kilkenny (4-0, 1.30)
• With a 17-1 record entering conference play, Auburn has matched the 1997 team for the best 18-game start in program history. Auburn’s 17 wins and .944 winning percentage are tied with Ole Miss for the best in the country.
• This season marks the third time in program history Auburn has entered SEC play with one or fewer losses. The Tigers were 17-0 entering conference play in 1997 and 17-1 heading into league action in 2001.
• All nine members of Auburn’s lineup have 10 or more RBI. The Tigers are one of two teams in the country (Tennessee Tech) that has nine players with 10 or more RBI and lead the SEC in the category (148).
• Auburn has totaled 164 runs through 18 games, marking the most runs to this point in a season since scoring 170 runs through 18 games in 2010. The Tigers lead the SEC and rank third in the country in runs, and the team’s 9.1 runs per game is good for second in the league and sixth in the NCAA. Additionally, 10 Auburn players have scored 11 or more runs this season.
• Auburn is coming off its sixth win this season when trailing or tied in the eighth inning after responding from a 4-1 deficit to defeat Memphis, 5-4, Wednesday. The win was also the Tigers’ fifth one-run victory this season.
Series History vs. Texas A&M
• Texas A&M holds a 9-6 record in the series between the SEC West foes, but the series is tied, 3-3, in games played at Plainsman Park.
• The Tigers took game one of last year’s series in College Station, but the Aggies responded to win the next two at Blue Bell Park.
• Gates open one hour prior to first pitch.
• Fans will be unable to park in the top level of the Stadium Parking Deck from March 12 through March 16 due to repairs. No vehicles will be allowed into the top level during that time and any vehicle found on the top level will be towed. Fans will be able to walk up and watch Auburn Baseball from the top level.
• Plainsman Patio, a new gameday hospitality service inside the ballpark, is now open and available on the concourse level down the right-field line. Stop by and see a hospitality service member for more information.
• Fans are permitted to bring empty plastic bottles in for free water refills.
• A cell phone charging station is available to fans near the front gate adjacent to the promotions booth.
• Grass areas around the park and adjacent parking lots are open for tailgating.