Mobile Fire-Rescue battles house fire on Lincoln Street

(image: WPMI) Mobile Fire-Rescue battles house fire on Lincoln Street

Mobile Fire-Rescue (MFRD) responded to a house fire on Lincoln Street Thursday morning.

Units responded to reports of a space heater that caught fire with smoke and flames visible.

MFRD reported that the fire was extinguished about 30 minutes later without any injuries.

MFR released the following information Thursday morning:

At approximately 05:22 hours, Mobile Fire-Rescue Department companies were dispatched to the 1700 block of Lincoln Street, as residents reported smoke visible from a space heater in the home. Fire personnel arrived on scene to confirm flames and smoke visible from a single story, wood-frame structure. All occupants had successfully evacuated prior to MFRD arrival. The fire was adequately extinguished with no reported injuries. Fire investigators determined that the fire was accidental and estimate approximately $10-15,000 in damages.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off