Three dead from generator releasing carbon monoxide

(IMG:WPMI) Three dead from generator releasing carbon monoxide.

A running generator is being blamed for the deaths of three family members at an Orange County, Florida home left powerless by Hurricane Irma.

Seven people were inside the home when a child called authorities for help Tuesday evening.

Three people, including at least one child, are dead and four other people who were rescued may not make it, officials said.

Authorities said two people were found dead inside the home, and one person was able to make it outside, but collapsed and died.

The first deputy inside the door was overcome by the carbon monoxide fumes from the generator inside.

Neighbors who had just seen the family outside grilling Monday night are devastated.

Although the investigation is still in it's preliminary stages, officials believe the deaths were an accident.